The diet in the days after the surgery should be as follows:
First day: Cold, watery foods (such as milk, apricot, peach juice, compote juice, ice cream)
Second day: Rice pudding, pudding, cold soup, porridge, yogurt
- The patient may have difficulty in feeding due to pain, in this case, the interval between meals should be shortened and feeding should be tried little by little (especially liquid foods).
- The stomach should not be overfilled all of a sudden. This can cause nausea and vomiting.
- There may be a slight fever on the first day. This is not an important indicator.
- In the first days, there may be sore throat and ear pain. Sometimes these pains can last for a long time, the pain felt in the ear is a reflection of the sore throat in the ear, do not worry.
- Aspirin should never be used for the pain.
- The most important thing to follow after the surgery is bleeding. On the first day, dark-colored blood in the form of vomit like coffee grounds may occur, this is because the blood swallowed during the surgery is digested in the stomach and thrown out, there is nothing to be afraid of. At the same time, bleeding in the form of leakage that comes with saliva is also natural bleeding. The most important thing is the arrival of a large amount of light-colored fresh blood that is not contaminated with saliva. In this case, you should call your doctor immediately.
- It should not be forgotten that bleeding may occur even 8-10 days after the operation.
- Vomiting may occur on the first day after the operation due to the effect of anesthesia. However, if this event recurs at intervals, you should call your doctor.
- After the operation, the teeth should be brushed at least twice a day without using toothpaste.
- The first control date is one week after the surgery.
Get well soon…