LLLT shortens the healing time in damaged tissues by 30-40%, and tissues that heal under the influence of laser are more robust and stronger than tissues that heal themselves. LLLT helps to regenerate damaged structures by stimulating hearing-related hair cells and nerve endings on the region known as cochlea in the inner ear. At the same time, electro-magnetic waves applied to the head area with laser waves during the procedure, as well as the treatment of inner ear tinnitus, also help the treatment of Tinnutus caused by muscle, nerve compression and neck recovery. The laser beam cannot reach any place other than the snail in the inner ear, so it is definitely not possible to damage other tissues, especially the brain. Therefore, it is quite safe. In the devices used in LLLT, the dose of the laser beam and the frequency of the electromagnetic waves have been adjusted and produced in a way that will not harm human health. The procedure is completely painless. It is applied on an outpatient basis, no anesthesia or drug use is required. It is a very safe procedure and does not have the potential for side effects.
Approximately 50-60% of patients undergoing LLLT achieve varying degrees of positive results. LLLT is applied to patients in a total of 12 sessions. It is applied as 3 sessions in the first week and once a week in the following weeks. The total duration of treatment is 2-2.5 months. During the sessions, laser and electromagnetic waves are applied simultaneously. Laser beams will be given through the external ear canal and in addition to this, over the bone behind the ear in some sessions. During the application, no pain or ache is felt, and no significant side effects are observed. Electro-magnetic waves are applied to three predetermined areas on the head at the same time. If the patient has a complaint of ringing in both ears, the laser head can be changed and cure can be applied in two sessions of 15 minutes each.
- Laser treatment is not recommended for pregnant women, epilepsy patients and patients with a pacemaker.
- There is no guarantee that laser therapy will completely cure tinnitus.
- Laser therapy is one of the methods used in order to be beneficial to the patient, as well as the tools and methods used in the treatment of tinnitus (tinnitus drugs, tinnitus retraining therapy, biofeedback, etc.). It is not possible to predict which treatment method will be beneficial to the patient.
During your treatment:
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water after each session.
- Do not smoke, do not drink alcohol, do not drink coffee.
- Avoid salt.
- Do not eat excessively fatty and spicy red meat.
- Avoid chocolate and nectared desserts.
- Do not consume acidic drinks such as cola and soda.
- Do not listen to loud music.
- If you work in a noisy environment, be sure to use earphones or earplugs.
- Avoid stress as much as possible.
- Do sports regularly (such as walking) in a way that does not tire you.
- If you have drugs that you use for tinnitus, you can use them easily during the treatment by consulting your doctor.